Saturday, December 28, 2013

An Update from Your Friends at Reading Under the Covers


I thought this blog was done for, to tell you the truth.  Standing at the halfway mark of my MFA, the burden of a blog (talk about your first world problems) seemed like too much of a nuisance considering my coursework and teaching schedule.  Additionally many of the books I’ve been reading as of late don’t lend themselves to reviews either because they’re books of theory, or they don’t fit into the mainstream aesthetic of this blog.  However, I’ve been able to read a fair amount of popular fiction during winter break, and I’ll be sharing my thoughts on as many of them as I can during the next few weeks.

In addition to Reading Under the Covers, I’ve set up a Tumblr page called Clothes for Left Handed People, which is also the working title of my Master’s thesis.  Although my thesis, a collection of essays about my family and growing up in Northwest Indiana (at least that’s the plan for now) will have a coherent theme, I can assure you that the new blog will be a demimonde of debauchery. 

So read on, read well, and read what you love.  I’ll be posting a review of Rainbow Rowell’s Eleanor & Park in the next day or two.

Yours,
Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment